COMMON AREA EVENT RESERVATION POLICY
(click here for printable version)
1. The Association Common Area (including Park and Pool) may be reserved by an Association Resident (the “sponsoring member”) for “events” involving 11 or more attendees including Resident/s, on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. The Board of Directors (or its designated representative) must approve all events. Approval is at the sole discretion of the Board. Any event that would result in damage to the Association’s Common Area will be prohibited.
3. The sponsoring Association Resident’s property assessments must be current.
4. Events with 11 to 29 attendees require a Reservation Request & Liability Release (attached, & available online) completed and signed by the sponsoring member and delivered to the Board or its representative no less than seven (7) days in advance of the requested event.
5. Events of 30 attendees or more, require advance full Board approval and the sponsoring member to complete the Reservation Request & Liability Release. The event request must be submitted 30 days or more prior to the event in order to ensure Board action. The sponsoring member is also required to distribute a flyer to all owners whose yards back up to the park with date and times of the event. This is done no less than three (3) days prior to the event, as a courtesy to said homeowners.
6. Requests for event reservations not made within the above described timelines are not guaranteed and may be denied.
7. Only one event is allowed per day in the Common Area. To facilitate event requests, an Association online calendar is maintained at: https://evergreencommonshoa.org/news-bulletins/calendar.html
8. All Common Area rules must be followed during events, including no smoking in the pool area.
9. Any part of the Common Area may be reserved for any day of the week.
10. No part of the Common Area may be exclusively reserved. All Association Residents will be able to use the Common Area during events.
11. To ensure that all Association Lots/Households have the same chance to enjoy the Common Area, there will be a limit of six (6) events per lot/household each calendar year.
12. All Common Area gates must remain closed and locked during events. Sponsoring member should have someone at the gate to admit guests.
13. Both restrooms should be left clean and locked when leaving the Common Area after an event.
14. Sponsoring member must bring their own trash bags and remove all event trash from the Common Area – Common Area trash receptacles may not be left filled with event trash.
15. The parts of the Common Area used must be left clean. Failure to do so may result in the Association imposing a deposit fee prior to future events.
16. Repairing or replacing equipment damaged or broken during an event is the sole responsibility of the sponsoring member.
17. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in a loss of rights to hold future events in the park.
SPONSORING MEMBER TO RETAIN THIS PAGE FOR REFERENCE
COMMON AREA USE REQUEST & LIABILITY RELEASE
Sponsor’s property assessments must be current for group reservations to be approved
INSTRUCTIONS: Fill in all spaces, circle appropriate time & use areas, then sign, date and deliver to the ECA Reservation Chair (see below).
The undersigned, is an Owner or Tenant of the Evergreen Commons Association (“Association Resident,”) is subject to the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) of Evergreen Commons, and wishes to sponsor a group event in the Association’s Common Area with more than ten (10) attendees as follows:
On the _____ day of , 20 from am / pm until am / pm
This event will be attended by a total of _____ persons (“attendees”).
Sponsoring member requests the use of these parts of the Association’s Common Area: (circle all that apply)
West Green / Basketball Court / Barbecues / Pool / Play Area / East Green
The sponsoring member, undersigned, agrees that if attendees will total 30 or more persons that the sponsoring member will print and distribute, not less than 3 days prior to the event, a notification to the properties surrounding the park with information about the event including date, time and the sponsoring member’s contact information. Initial:______
The undersigned agrees to comply with all posted/published Common Area rules and to ensure all attendees comply with said rules and regulations of the Association Common Area, including no smoking or glass in the pool area. Initial:______
The undersigned agrees to leave any part/s of the Common Area used, in similarly good condition as prior to the event, being clean and clear of trash & debris and event trash removed from the Common Area entirely. Initial:______
The undersigned agrees that they are legally & financially responsible for any and all damages and/or losses to the Association Common Area caused by the event or the event’s attendees, including but not limited to any cleaning fees required to return the Area to the good condition it was found prior to the event. Initial:______
The undersigned agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Evergreen Commons Association, Inc., its officers, designees and volunteers, in any legal action brought by the sponsoring member’s event attendees or vendors, including any actions brought by the sponsoring member. Initial:______
I have read, understand and agree to abide with all of the conditions above, and request my event be approved.
Sponsor Name (print): Phone #:
e-mail address: Lot#
ECA property address:
Sponsor Signature: Date: _____________
Requested reservations with 30 or more attendees require prior approval of the ECA
Board of Directors and must be submitted no less than 30-days in advance.
To make a request for using the Association Common Area, contact Lisa Cannon-Wheeler, Use Chair:
-------------------------------------------- FOR BOARD USE ONLY ---------------------------------------------
Date Rec’d: Action Date: Approved: Yes ______ No ______
By (print): Approval Signature: